Friday, February 8, 2008

People of America, Please Note



If I see you wearing this on the street, and I don't care who you are, or what you're doing, I will come over smack you on your head and steal these sandals from you- it's for your own good (actually I'm lying, if you're strong or bigger than me, I won't do this, but if you're small, a woman, sickly, or the elderly, then you better watch it).

Here's a little note from the creator of these beauties, which are called Bonsai Sheepskin Sandals (notice how I purposefully didn't refer to him as a designer- since slapping a shag rug on the top of a flip-flop does not make one a designer):

"It was a chilly Northern California morning two years ago, and as usual, I was running late for class. I kicked off my comfy sheepskin house slippers, but there would be no time for socks today. I eyed my well-worn pair of sandals by the door, and with my eyes on my watch, my hand on the doorknob, and my bare, rapidly-cooling feet slipping into my flip flops, a light bulb went off:

"I wonder if anyone's ever tried combining a flip flop with a sheepskin slipper?"


Well I hunted around, and nobody had. So I set out to try. A few months and a patent application later, I had solved my little problem. And as it turns out, I wasn't the only person out there who wanted to wear their flip flops all year round.
— Alex V., Founder, Bonsai Sandals"

...No Time for Socks???? Who doesn't have time for socks. It takes like .2 seconds to put them on. Socks are also our friends and necessary to cover our skank feet. Thank God this Alex person is in Northern California, since I don't live there, but still, I have friends who do, and I'm scared for them quite honestly.

Seriously- since most people who wear stuff like this tend to be sort of crunchy and shit, can you imagine how nasty a sheep skin covered flip-flop would get? Gross.

I'm not including a link because that would only make it that much easier for the misguided to find a pair (and they come in different colors- eek!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its looks very comfortable.
Jobst Stockings